Your Privacy is important to us and maintaining your trust and confidence is one our highest priorities when you visit our website.
We respect your right to keep your personal information confidential.
MC2 Accountants are an accounting firm based in Cork City, Ireland. We specialise in auditing and accounting, business advisory services, corporate finance, taxation and private clients.
Information we collect from this website
Personal data is collected only when that information is provided by you the user in the following methods
- By signing up to the mailing list, we store your name and email address. This personal data will only be used to send you details of a variety of relevant subjects like topical industry news, information about the services we offer and potential investment opportunities. You can redraw this consent at any time.
We currently use Mail chimp as a marketing platform, please note mail chimp’s servers are in the US, and this is protected by the Privacy Shield agreement between the EU and the US. (https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/).
Contact us section of this website / Email address
- Job applications and C.V.s are held and only used by Human Resources department.
- Requesting information regarding a particular area, may be seen as an expression of general interest regarding a particular area and we may contact you with related information.
Live Chat Box
- We have partnered with Zendesk to enable you to chat directly with us from our website. Zendesk Chat is an online marketing, live chat support. Your name, contact details and questions are stored in MC2’s Zendesk portal, this is managed by MC2 Staff only. This information is deleted every 24 months. Please note Zendesk are a global company with servers based outside of the EU, Zendesk has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. privacy shield for more information please visit ( https://www.zendesk.com/company/customers-partners/eu-data-protection/)
Parties to whom we disclose information
As a general rule we do not disclose personal information to any third parties.
MC2 Accountants take appropriate security measures against unauthorised access to, or alteration, disclosure or destruction of any personal data and against their accidental loss or destruction.
MC2 Accountants have in place high standards of security that are essential for the processing of all personal data and continue to invest in technological developments as they arise.
Third Party links
You may find links to third party websites on our website. In engaging with these third party services, you are subject to their policies, we do not accept any responsibility for these polices.
The individuals for whom MC2 Accountants stores personal data have the following rights:
- To have your personal data obtained and processed fairly
- To have personal data kept securely and not illegitimately disclosed to others.
- To be informed the purpose for which the information is held.
- To get a copy of your personal data which you have provided in a structured commonly used and machine readable format if requested within 30 days from the request.
- To have your personal data corrected if inaccurate.
- The right to Erasure where the personal data is no longer necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
- To prevent your personal data from being used for certain purposes apart from the purposes you have consented to.
- If you are not satisfied that MC2 Accountants manages your personal data you have a right to make a complaint to the Protection Commissioner. (wwwdataprotection.ie).
Policy on collecting from children
Our website and services are directed to people who are over the age of 16, we do not knowingly collect personal data from children.
- In accordance with our retention policy, mailing lists are deleted immediately if clients leave, or request removal.
- Mailing lists are reviewed every two years and if there has been no engagement within this period, users will be removed from the mailing list.
- C.V. and job applications are deleted after 12 months.
- If staff have received no engagement from users regarding inquiries, any communication will also be deleted after 24 months.
This legal notice and all issues regarding this website are governed exclusively by Irish law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
Changes to this policy
Ph +353 (21) 4861486