Careers with MC2 Accountants
At MC2 we know that our team are fundamental to success of the firm.
We can offer you the opportunity to work in one of the largest independent, full-service financial business solutions firms. You will be joining a team of highly experienced and qualified individuals, who work together to ensure best standards of delivery and execution.
We are an approved CPA, ICAI & ACCA Employer and Training Firm, meaning opportunities with MC2 can be the pathway to your career success.
Position of Office Administrator/Receptionist required for a young, dynamic professional services firm in Cork.
Overview of the Role
The role will require the candidate to support the firm operationally through a great deal of multitasking. You will work with our departments, oversee and maintain the operations and procedures of our firm, coordinate with management and engage in planning as required.
The role will also involve assisting our Marketing and IT committees in any duties assigned.
This is a 32-hour/week Flexible Working opportunity as part of MC2’s Flexible Working Policy.
Key requirements of the role
- Acting as front of house for the firm;
- Using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases;
- Responsibility for record management, office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment;
- Provision of operational assistance to the management team, including preparation of letters, standard packs and reports as required;
- Management of the administrative systems for the firm and where appropriate development and implementation of new procedures;
- Active management of the firms’ social media including regular refresh of content on the firms’ social media accounts.
The candidate shall have proven experience in the following areas:
- Microsoft Office proficient (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Proven experience of working as an administrator with a significant level of responsibility;
- Proven experience in managing IT systems and the ability to resolve issues as they arise;
- Proven experience in dealing with and communicating with people (internally and clients) on a day-to-day basis.
Skills and competencies
- Excellent communication skills and telephone mannger, with the ability to resolve issues in the appropriate manner;
- Great attention to detail;
- An ability to remain calm under pressure;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Being a team player;
- Flexible and have the ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines / timescales;
- Proactive, organised and methodical, with an ability to grasp detailed / complex issues and resolve them appropriately.